ATI AT 6000 Power Amplifier
Please call for a demo of these fantastic sounding power amplifiers
note – these are not available to purchase online so please call for pricing and availability
ATI amplifiers are only available through authorised ATI registered dealers
AT6000 Morris Kessler Signature Amplifiers
AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGIES INC, INTRODUCES THE MORRIS KESSLER SIGNATURE AMPLIFIERS AVAILABLE WITH 2 – 7 CHANNELS. THE PURE BALANCE™ DESIGN USES CURRENT FEEDBACK, THERMALTRAK OUTPUT DEVICES AND DC SERVOS FOR IMPROVED PERFORMANCE
Amplifier Technologies, Inc., the prolific manufacturer of many of the high end’s best amplifiers today introduced a new series of amplifiers designed by their president and chief engineer, Morris Kessler. The 6000 series amplifiers, available with 2 to 7 channels, are the company’s first new amplifiers in over a decade. Furthermore, their “signature series” designation with a facsimile of Kessler’s signature on the main panel acknowledges the special nature of these designs.
Beyond Kessler’s personal identification, these amplifiers are new in more significant ways.
1. As in Kessler’s previous top-of-the-line designs, these amplifiers are fully balanced, differential amps, but unlike his earlier balanced designs which were essentially balanced bridged amplifiers, the 6000 series uses only a single input stage with dual-differential output stages. The reason: the advantages of balanced designs are retained and noise is reduced by 50%.
2. The design uses current feedback instead of the more common voltage feedback. The reason: current feedback amplifiers are faster with virtually unlimited slew rate and are better able to reproduce today’s best music and film sound.
3. Kessler used Thermaltrak output devices for the 6000 series. Unlike traditional designs where external diodes or transistors attached to the heat sinks track the amplifiers operating conditions and use the details to adjust bias, Thermaltrak devices have the temperature sensing device in the same package as the output transistor. The results: bias is optimized in real-time.
4. The 6000 series use dual DC servos to track and maintain DC offset. The result: DC in the amplifier’s output is reduced to insignificant levels.
5. These amplifiers use a revised PCB layout. They are still modular with the complete amplifier including the power supply parts on a single card, but now the AC components are on one edge of the board and away from the signal input. The result: improved signal-to-noise performance.
6. All of the amplifiers in the series use dual toroidal transformers, dual power switches and dual line cords. The results: the AT6002 is now a complete dual-mono design and the amplifiers with many channels, as in the 7-channel AT6007, can be hooked-up to two independent 20 amp circuits for greater sustained output power than is possible from a single AC circuit.
All the amplifiers in the 6000 series are rated at 300 Watts RMS from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more that 0.03% THD at 8 ohms with all channels driven and 450 Watts RMS at 4 ohms under the same conditions. Signal-to-noise ratio is typically 128 dB referenced to full output so each amplifier in the series is capable of playing back the full dynamic range available on today’s lossless recordings.
All ATI amplifiers are available in standard (17”) and rack-mount (19”) chassis with domestic (240V) chassis and are covered by ATI’s 7-year transferrable warranty.
Number of Channels – 2 to 7
EIA 1kHz Output Power at 8 Ohms* – 350 Watts
EIA 1kHz Output Power at 4 Ohms* – 450 Watts
FTC Full Bandwidth Output Power at 8 Ohms** – 300 Watts
FTC Full Bandwidth Output Power at 4 Ohms** – 400 Watts
Input Sensitivity for Full Rated Power – 1.95 Volts
Frequency Response at Rated Output – 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.1dB
Phase Response – +5 to -15 degrees from 20Hz to 20kHz at 1 watt
Signal-to-Noise Ratio “A-Weighted” – Greater than 128dB below rated FTC Full Bandwidth Output
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) – Less than 0.05% at full rated FTC power; Less than 0.01% at full EIA power at 1kHz
Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) – Less than 0.05% at full rated FTC power; Less than 0.01% at full EIA power at 1kHz
Load Impedance – Safe with all types of loads. Rated for 4 to 16 ohms
Power Bandwidth – FTC +0, -3 db from 5 Hz to 80 kHz
Damping Factor – Greater than 400 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz
Crosstalk – Greater than –80 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Gain Voltage – gain of 28dB ±0.2 dB
Slew Rate – >60 V/µs
Input Impedance – Nominally 50 kΩ
Remote Trigger Voltage – 3.3 to 24 Volts DC at 5 mA or greater
DC Output Offset – Less than ±5 mV
Power Requirements – 220/240 VAC
Chassis Dimensions (H x W x D) Inches – 9½ x 17¼ x 18½ (Without feet: H = 8¾) – Handles protrude 1¾” (44.5 mm); Add 1¼” (32 mm) for input/output jacks
Chassis Dimensions (H x W x D) mm – 241 x 438 x 470 (Without feet: H = 222.25)
Net Weight (lbs/kg) – Model Dependent – 86 to 136.4 / 39 to 62