JVC’s brand new X9900 features 18gbs full band width compliancy, HDCP 2.2 inputs, E-Shift 5 and industry leading native contrast
Available late October 2018
New JVC D-ILA Projectors Feature 4K e-shift5
For Improved 4K Content Display, Plus Upgraded HDR Performance
SAN DIEGO, September 7, 2017 – JVC today announced a new line of custom installation projectors that features an upgrade of the company’s unique e-shift technology and enhanced HDR functions that allow the image to be fine-tuned for specific viewing environments.
The new line is comprised of six projectors, plus a special limited edition D-ILA Anniversary model to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the D-ILA device. The new projectors deliver a performance boost thanks to 4K e-shift5 technology, which features a new algorithm that optimizes the fine detail that 4K delivers, and improved HDR functionality that allows the projectors to deliver brighter and more dynamic HDR content.
JVC’s 2018 projectors are the Precision Series JVC DLA-X9900, JVC DLA-X7900, JVC DLA-X5900, and the Reference Series DLA-RS640K, DLA-RS540K and the DLA-RS440K. The limited edition model is the DLA-20LTD.
The main features of the new JVC DLA-X 9900 projector is:
1. Refined JVC proprietary 4K e-shift5 technology
JVC DLA-X9900 has e-shift5 which is proprietary high-resolution display technology that provides clear 4K precision images. A new algorithm in e-shift5 analyses every pixel in the original 4K signal to determine the optimal data to create the e-shift frames. This improvement is particularly noticeable in fine detail, such as very small text.
2. Dynamic HDR Function
JVC DLA-X9900 projector offer high brightness and the industry’s leading native and dynamic contrast, which are essential for proper HDR playback. A new Active Intelligent Lens Aperture is now available for HDR to let viewers enjoy the most dynamic projected HDR images ever seen.
Brightness levels and native contrast for the new projectors are:
Brightness (lm) Native Contrast Ratio
- JVC DLA-X9900 2,000 160,000:1
- JVC DLA-X7900 1,900 130,000:1
- JVC DLA-X5900 1,800 40,000:1
Unlike direct view displays where screen size and brightness are specified and fixed, projectors require adjustment in order to reproduce the PQ curve adopted by HDR 10. JVC DLA-X9900 projector handles this by offering an Auto Switching HDR Picture mode and gamma adjustment, and JVC DLA-X9900 also offers two colour profiles, one prioritising brightness and the other prioritising colour. These can be selected to best suit the viewing environment.
Also to help customers adjust the projector, the JVC DLA-X9900 features mastering information (Maximum Content Light Level/Maximum Frame Average Light Level)* included in HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray will be shown on the OSD information screen. (*Depending on content and player, info may not be displayed.)
3. Multiple Pixel Control
To further improve the reproduction of 4K content, JVC DLA-X9900 has improved its Multiple Pixel Control by sampling all pixels in the 4K signal to deliver the smoothest, most finely detailed images from 4K content.
4. Low Latency Mode
JVC DLA-X9900 has Low Latency Mode which reduces frame delay for improved game play, and also improves the processing of high bandwidth signals, such as 4K10bit, 12bit, etc. directly without compression to ensure that the quality of the original source is preserved.
5. 18Gbps Full 4K transmission with HDCP 2.2
The JVC DLA-X9900 incorporates HDMI/HDCP2.2 on both HDMI inputs. Two (2) HDCP2.2 copy protected devices can be connected at the same time. These HDMI inputs are capable of handling data transfer rates up to 18Gbps, which can deliver full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4, 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit, and allow playback of copyright-protected content, such as from video distribution services and UHD Blu-ray.
1. The JVC DLA-X9900 includes THX 3D Certification.
2. The JVC DLA-X9900 features two blur reduction technologies: Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with video signals up to 4K/60 4:4:4, and Motion Enhance, which optimally drives the D-ILA device.
3. The JVC DLA-X9900 has Six-Axis color management.
4. The JVC DLA-X9900 has Auto Calibration Function that can, with the use of a widely available third party optical sensor, automatically calibrate the image to optimise the picture for various environments. In addition, this can also compensate for the changing colour balance that occurs with long-term projector usage so the projector can continue to deliver optimal performance.
5. The JVC DLA-X9900 has Onboard Screen Adjust Mode, which easily optimises colour and performance, is offered for an expanded list of screens from a variety of manufacturers.
6. The JVC DLA-X9900 has Two memory settings for the pixel adjustment function, which offers fine adjustments in 1/16 pixel units.
Available optional accessories include a spare lamp (PK-L2615U), and 3D accessories: RF emitter (PK-EM2) and RF glasses (PK-AG3).
D-ILA 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Projector
The new limited edition DLA-20LTD commemorates the 20th anniversary of the development of the D-ILA device, first announced in October 1997. The limited edition model features a red body, JVC’s brand color. It offers the industry’s highest native contrast ratio – 200,000:1, and includes a D-ILA 20th anniversary opening logo displayed upon start up. Details about availability and price will be announced at a later time.
The 2018 JVC D-ILA projectors will be available in October at the following prices:
JVC DLA-X9900 – £9499
JVC DLA-X7900 – £6299
JVC DLA-X5900 – £4499