JVC DLA-X5900 Projector
this is JVC’s entry level for their 2018 line up with some really nice improvements for this year
New JVC D-ILA Projectors Feature 4K e-shift5
For Improved 4K Content Display, Plus Upgraded HDR Performance
JVC have announced a new line of custom installation projectors that features an upgrade of the company’s unique e-shift technology and enhanced HDR functions that allow the image to be fine-tuned for specific viewing environments.
The new line is comprised of six projectors, plus a special limited edition D-ILA Anniversary model to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the D-ILA device. The new projectors deliver a performance boost thanks to 4K e-shift5 technology, which features a new algorithm that optimises the fine detail that 4K delivers, and improved HDR functionality that allows the projectors to deliver brighter and more dynamic HDR content.
JVC’s 2018 projectors are the Precision Series JVC DLA-X9900, JVC DLA-X7900, JVC DLA-X5900, and the Reference Series DLA-RS640K, DLA-RS540K and the DLA-RS440K. The limited edition model is the DLA-20LTD.
The main features of the new JVC DLA-X5900 projector is:
1. Refined JVC proprietary 4K e-shift5 technology
JVC DLA-X5900 features e-shift which is proprietary high-resolution display technology that provides clear 4K precision images. A new algorithm in e-shift5 analyses every pixel in the original 4K signal to determine the optimal data to create the e-shift frames. This improvement in the JVC DLA-X5900 is particularly noticeable in fine detail, such as very small text.
2. Dynamic HDR Function
The JVC DLA-X5900 projector offer high brightness and the very good native and dynamic contrast, which are essential for proper HDR playback. A new Active Intelligent Lens Aperture is now available for HDR to let viewers enjoy the most dynamic projected HDR images ever seen.
Brightness levels and native contrast for the new projectors are:
Brightness (lm) Native Contrast Ratio
- JVC DLA-X9900 2,000 160,000:1
- JVC DLA-X7900 1,900 130,000:1
- JVC DLA-X5900 1,800 40,000:1
3. Multiple Pixel Control
To further improve the reproduction of 4K content, the JVC DLA-X5900 has improved its Multiple Pixel Control by sampling all pixels in the 4K signal to deliver the smoothest, most finely detailed images from 4K content.
4. Low Latency Mode
JVC DLA-X5900 has Low Latency Mode which reduces frame delay for improved game play, and also improves the processing of high bandwidth signals, such as 4K10bit, 12bit, etc. directly without compression to ensure that the quality of the original source is preserved.
5. 18Gbps Full 4K transmission with HDCP 2.2
JVC DLA-X5900 incorporates HDMI/HDCP2.2 on both HDMI inputs. Two (2) HDCP2.2 copy protected devices can be connected at the same time. These HDMI inputs are capable of handling data transfer rates up to 18Gbps, which can deliver full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4, 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit, and allow playback of copyright-protected content, such as from video distribution services and UHD Blu-ray.
1. JVC DLA-X5900 has two blur reduction technologies: Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with video signals up to 4K/60 4:4:4, and Motion Enhance, which optimally drives the D-ILA device.
2. JVC DLA-X5900 offers Six-Axis colour management.
3. JVC DLA-X5900 features Auto Calibration Function that can, with the use of a widely available third party optical sensor, automatically calibrate the image to optimize the picture for various environments. In addition, this can also compensate for the changing colour balance that occurs with long-term projector usage so the projector can continue to deliver optimal performance.
4. JVC DLA-X5900 has Onboard Screen Adjust Mode, which easily optimises colour and performance, is offered for an expanded list of screens from a variety of manufacturers.
5. JVC DLA-X5900 has Two memory settings for the pixel adjustment function, which offers fine adjustments in 1/16 pixel units.
Available optional accessories include a spare lamp (PK-L2615U), and 3D accessories: RF emitter (PK-EM2) and RF glasses (PK-AG3).
D-ILA 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Projector
The new limited edition DLA-20LTD commemorates the 20th anniversary of the development of the D-ILA device, first announced in October 1997. The limited edition model features a red body, JVC’s brand colour. It offers the industry’s highest native contrast ratio – 200,000:1, and includes a D-ILA 20th anniversary opening logo displayed upon start up. Details about availability and price will be announced at a later time.
The 2018 JVC D-ILA projectors will be available from October